Cleaning up after frying or cooking something isn’t a pleasant experience. If you want your stove to be spotless, you have to use a wet dishcloth, or any cloth, and wipe the mess up while the stovetop is still hot. Unfortunately, this is not a good enough advice, because you can get burned.
With this next lifehack however, you can get rid of the most stubborn grease found in your home. You can clean your stove, your oven, dirty walls, tiles, windows, dirty dishes, pretty much a lot of dirty stuff.
And it’s dirt cheap. It’s even better than any commercial cleaning stuff I have ever bought from the local supermarket.
What you will need:
- Dishwashing liquid soap
- Baking soda
- In a large empty dishwashing soap bottle, fill three-quarters of it with water.
- Pour in about half a cup of baking soda. Let the soda dissolve.
- Pour in enough dishwashing liquid soap to make the solution still bubbly.
- To use on stove top grease: Take a sponge, pour your solution on it and dab the greased area with it. Let it sit for about ten seconds, and just scrub away. Actually, you wouldn’t even need to scrub anymore.
- To use on dirty dishes: I think telling you how to wash dishes would be an insult. But what the baking soda does though, is not only does it make it easier to wash off the grease, it also gets rid of any soap residue and gives your plates an extra shine.
- On dirty floor/wall tiles: Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spray away. Let the solution sit for a couple of minutes and start wiping. Don’t let the solution dry, or if it has, just respray and start wiping.
- On ovens: I’m sure not every homemaker cleans the oven immediately after use. Don’t lie! Just spray the solution and wipe.
Try it out! It will make your cleaning time way faster and easier. Let me know in the comments section if this has been helpful to you. 😉
Thanks for reading!